Purpose of this blog.


 My name is Jenn. I’m 41, a wheelchair user living on my own in Boulder, Colorado.  If you told me seven years ago that I would be living independently, I would not have believed you. 


Seven years ago I couldn’t move or talk. I had leukemia and the chemotherapy poisoned my brain giving me ataxia. Overnight, I lost all my motor skills and my speech became unrecognizable. Yeah, treatment for cancer destroyed my body. I have had to relearn everything.  Before cancer I was a young wife with a dog and a new home. I lost all of that. I felt like my life was over.



A friend asked me what life after disability means to me. It means accepting your disability and learning how to enjoy your new life. I want this blog to be proof that you can have a life after disability. I have learned that my life isn’t over, it’s just beginning. I will use this blog to document my life.

Comments

  1. I love this, Jennifer!! I look forward to following this blog and learning from you. You have a lot to share with others...you're such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I shared your FB post about your blog. I hope you've seen the comments from people on my share...if not, let me know. I want you to know that already you are having an impact on others!! Love you! LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your determination is absolutely inspiring Jenn! Love that you're doing this, incredibly proud of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Jenn. I am glad that we have met and I look forward to getting to know you better. Maria Stepanyan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I am proud of you. I know you struggle sometimes knowing what to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts