A few more complaints

 I forgot a few things in my last post. Crushing pills sucks! Finding liquid medicine is hard so I end up crushing a lot of pills. Doctors always want me to take vitamins. Well, finding powdered vitamins is almost impossible. Plus, I have to be careful not to clog my feeding tube. My feeding tube has a very small diameter so clogs happen quite often.

For some reason my D3 vitamin is especially hard to crush. Every morning I spend 15 minutes trying to crush my D3 pill. It’s rather annoying. I tried buying powder D3 but nobody seems to know how much I should take. 

Also, many times I will get a prescription filled only to find that the pills aren’t crushable! This was the case just this week. I had to call the doctor and request a different med that is crushable. You would think that doctors would be on top of that but they aren’t.

Also, because I can’t just grab a quick bite, if I’m out all day, I have to bring a feed with me. I also need to be laying down to do a feed. I’ve become quite good at propping my feet on a toilet while laying as flat as possible in my chair to do a feed. Germaphobes would be disgusted by this. My only other option would be to not attend all day outings. My stepdad told me to never let my life be determined by my feeds and I don’t.

These are just a few difficulties that I deal with on a daily bases.

Comments

Popular Posts