September 4:

Yesterday, I filled out a form at the doctors office. I haven’t been able to do that for years! When I first started to write again, my letters would be big. Writing in a determined space was not possible. Now I’m really slow when I write. I’ve realized writing has become like art to me. I call Mayan artist, since I paint a lot. The same focus I use to paint is used when I write. For a long time, it was a daily excersize to write the alphabet, date it and track my progress. Becoming involved in meetings,  would take notes. At first it was frustrating because I couldn’t keep up with the speaker. Eve, my writing became legible and I learned to use abbreviations to keep up with the speaker. Filling out a form by myself is quite an accomplishment. I’ve learned to celebrate these mini accomplishments and to reward myself for little things. One step at a time is how I push through life.



Comments

Popular Posts