Amazing Women

 At riding this week, I got to trot. Trotting has always been a goal of mine. In the past, trotting has made me become a bobble head so I’m working on keeping my head still when I trot. I think I did pretty good this week. What really struck me was the other women in my class. As I watched all the other women trot, I was reminded just how amazing these women are. There are five of us in the class and I am the only one under the age of 50. One of the women broke her hip falling off a horse but she still rides!  A few of the women ride off lead, meaning their horse leader in hooks once mounting is complete. Their horse leader stands in the middle of the arena watching their rider while she takes control.

Talk about inspiring others, in our class one women uses a wheelchair, another uses a scooter while another walks with a cane. There’s even a rider who is blind! It’s truly amazing what we can learn to do.  I recently bought a shirt to support Colorado Thearaputic Riding Center, on the back it says, “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much”. Imagine what we could do if everyone lived by this idea.

Comments

  1. Jenn you are one of these amazing women! You write such true words. Keep it up! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts