When it rains, it pours.

 The last few weeks have been miserable. First, my feeding tube broke and I have been battling a sore throat and ear infection. I was prescribed an antibiotic last week and still have no relief. Usually, an antibiotic would have worked by now. As a cancer survivor, it’s hard not to think that the cancer might be back. So as I lay around in pain it’s hard to keep those negative thoughts from my mind.

Plus, I found out my feeding tube will take 2-4 weeks to arrive! I’m already changing the gauze and tape three times a day because it leaks. Usually, I can tell it leaks when I start to smell the disgusting combination of stomach acid and formula. I keep a towel over it to try and save my sheets. I’m not able to change the sheets on my own so I always try to save the sheets.

I’m posting a picture of my housekeeper’s granddaughter and I so we don’t have to look at my stomach again! Her name is Meadow and she will turn two in February.



Comments

Popular Posts