Choose happiness

 I have been in a funk. I do think it’s true that a negative attitude, attracts negativity. I have had quite a few bad days lately. I think a lot of us have. Life is hard and it’s easy to let life get you down. That’s why it’s important to choose happiness. Try to find pleasure in the little things.

Since this blog is about disability, I need to vent about things that able bodied people take for granted. Something as simple as walking is easily taken for granted. In the last couple of weeks I’ve had to deal with the fact that not being able to walk can make life very difficult. If you know me, you have heard me say that wheelchairs and snow do not mix.  We got about 8 inches of snow and I had an early morning blood letting to go to. I bundled up and rode my power chair to the bus stop. Bad idea. Just trying to get the bus stop I got stuck in the snow three different times! Once I made it to the stop, the bus driver and a passenger had to get out and push my chair onto the bus! I got off at my stop and got stuck again! I made it to my appointment, which is never fun. I leave the building to start my way home when my chair battery falls off on the sidewalk. That caused my battery to get disconnected causing my chair to stop working! My mom and stepdad rescued me and drove me home and we left my chair in the lobby at my doctor’s office.

Later that week my indoor cat escaped to the outdoors. After a sleepless night worrying, I found her the next morning. Outside of my door is the basement stairs. Simone was crying at the bottom of the stairs but she wouldn’t come up the stairs when I called. I said to her, “I can’t walk down to get you.”. Eventually, I lured her up the stairs using a can of wet food. Once she was on my level I had to pick her up and wheel us into the apartment. Simone does Not like to be held, and there’s an incline in front of the door. I had to hold her tight with one hand while using my other hand to wheel us in. It was exhausting! So much harder since I can’t walk. It’s times like these when being disabled makes life difficult.

Comments

  1. You create happiness with your spirit, try dipping into that😀
    That said being temporarily partially disabled I realize some of the issues. I think the hardest being reliant on others for things you used to be able to do.
    Always with love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts