Wake up call

 I apologize for the fact that I haven’t written in awhile.  Seasonal despair and health issues have been consuming me.  Now, I deal with the pain, sadness and loss caused by the recent fires.  My high school home was in Rock Creek and Superior and Louisville were my stomping grounds. I wasn’t directly effected, I was emotionally effected.

The last few years have seemed to have only brought pain and devastation. I find myself longing for the past. Maybe that’s a symptom of growing old, missing the good old days. 

I’m afraid that I grow angrier every year. I have grown tired of hoping next year will be better.  I feel like every day brings a new fear. I don’t mean to sound depressing but I think I’m being realistic.

It’s clear there are so many broken systems in our world. Instead of fixing these broken systems, we argue over what broke them.

Our only hope is the youth and the future. Hopefully, humans will let this wake up call do it’s job.

Comments

Popular Posts