Fold and Go wheelchair

 I want to recommend an awesome power chair, the Fold and Go wheelchair.  This chair offers unbelievable independence. As most wheelchair users know a power chair provides more freedom than a manual chair. However, most power chairs are so heavy that a special car is required to transport them. Making power chairs less than ideal. 

A wheelchair user was frustrated by the lack of travel options for power chairs so she designed the Fold and Go wheelchair. This power chair is lightweight and folds up to fit in any car trunk! I love this chair and use it easily to go out with friends and by myself using Lyft or Uber. I took a picture of my chair and wanted to also show a picture of it folded up but I don’t have the strength to fold it alone. This is not saying it’s hard to fold. I have easily explained the folding process to friends and Lyft drivers. No tools are needed, just pull a lever under the seat to fold the chair.

The Fold and Go is unique in the fact that the battery is incased in the frame making it waterproof. In order to fly with a standard power chair, the battery must be removed and placed in checked luggage. The Fold and Go can be taken directly to the main cabin on an airplane. The charging device is quite small and easily fits in the chair’s storage compartment. I have never had to do this because the chair battery life seems to last forever. Although, it’s safe to say that having the battery die when out and about seriously sucks.

I will mention a couple drawbacks to this chair. One is stability. Due to the lightweight design, I have fallen when transferring by myself into the chair.  I have never had stability problems while using the chair.  This should not be a persons only wheelchair. I’m fortunate to have two power chairs. I have a standard power chair that I use to ride the bus and use my Fold and go when riding in a personal car.

The other drawback is a design flaw. The footrest does not move. When trying to transfer to and from the chair, the footrest impedes vital foot placement.  When unable to stand, proper foot placement is required to prevent falls.

Even with these drawbacks, I still love this chair. I encourage everyone to visit www.foldandgowheelchairs.com for more information.

Comments

Popular Posts