The good things about Medicaid

 I feel like I should mention good things about Medicaid. Just like many programs there’s good along with the bad.

Medicaid pays for my food to be delivered to my apartment every month. I eat special nutrition drinks designed for tube feeding. This really helps because I don’t spend money on food. Considering that I live off of $1500 a month, any help I can get financially is greatly appreciated.

Medicaid also pays for my prescriptions and trips to the emergency room or hospitals. I go to medical appointments frequently. I currently see five different doctors. I feel like I’m always going to medical appointments! Luckily, I don’t pay for co-pays. I carry private health insurance along with Medicaid so I have great health coverage. Medicaid pays for my private health insurance which is very nice.

As I mentioned before, all programs have good and bad. It’s important to remember that these programs were designed by humans and therefore, will never be perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts