The power of positive thinking

 I truly believe that positive thinking saved my life. My poor mom has been trying to make me see that my entire life! Finally, I have been passing her wisdom on to others!

I was in the hospital for nine months but never thought I was dying. I have been through hell and survived. I really believe my positive attitude got me through those dark times.

Actually, my darkest thoughts came after my release from the hospital. I was focused on all the things I had lost. I would have days where I would dwell in my misery. I would declare a pity party and cry all day. I have learned that those days were necessary for my healing. It’s important to let yourself morn and grieve your losses. We need to acknowledge our pain but we must not wallow in our misery. 

I have recently experienced the power of letting it go. For a long time, I held on to disappointment and anger. Asking why my life was so hard. I realized that holding on to my pain was only hurting myself. My body reacts to my emotions. Whenever I’m upset, I experience diarrhea and stomach pains. So I have been trying hard to let go of negative thoughts.  I have been much happier and healthier! Whenever I have negative thoughts, I say stop and I focus on a positive memory. I have also been practicing positive self talk. As I say my nightly prayers, I tell myself that I’m proud of myself. I tell my body how proud I am of all it’s been through. I then think about the positives of the day. I praise myself for walking or working out. It sounds silly but it helps. I often repeat my mother’s words, you can’t control what happens to you, only how you react.

Comments

Popular Posts