Random Thoughts

 I apologize for not posting for awhile. I have been busy and have many thoughts but not a whole topic. So I’m just going to ramble today.

I had another blood letting today. I have labs first so they can check my iron level. I do this every month so my veins are pretty scared, yet every time it feels like the lab tech is annoyed at my veins. Like it’s my fault my veins are poked so often!

I have learned that the one time it’s actually beneficial to be a wheelchair user is when going to concerts. I love live music and am blessed to live in Colorado where we have so many awesome venues. I recently saw the Dave Matthews Band at Fiddlers Green. I usually do this every summer but this year, totally not intentional, my seats were in the VIP wheelchair section. Not only were the seats amazing but they had a personalized elevator to get up the couple steps to the section. Plus, we were able to use the VIP entrance which was much easier for me to navigate and NO MULCH! Last year, I got stuck several times in mulch. Apparently, power chairs and mulch do not get along. The VIP entrance was less crowded which was very nice. It’s claustrophobic being in a wheelchair surrounded by people walking. It’s difficult to control my speed so I don’t run into people.

A benefit at most venues is parking. This is especially true at Red Rocks. Red Rocks is a natural outdoor amphitheater. Able bodied people have to basically hike up rocks to reach the venue. With wheelchair plates, I get to drive to the top and park right in front of the entrance. 

Last week, a friend of mine and I went to see Florence and the machine at an arena. Again, we parked up front and upon leaving we were ushered to a closer exit just because of my wheelchair.

I must rave about how great the Florence and the machine concert was. Florence is an incredibly energetic performer. She ran, jumped or danced the whole time. All while singing! She went in the crowd twice and was very personal with the audience. The concert left me feeling uplifted.

I think that’s it for today. Thanks for listening to my random thought.

Comments

Popular Posts