Independence tastes so sweet

 The beautiful thing about the Colorado sunshine is it gives you warm days in the winter. Yesterday was one of those days, which’s funny because Thursday, I was cursing the Colorado wind! They say that in Colorado, if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes and it’ll change. I have learned that the statement is very true.

Yesterday, I was able to run errands and did not feel cold! I went to Home Goods to stock up on candles, since I’m obsessed with candles. I buy in bulk, yesterday I bought four. I look for ones in cute jars and when I finish burning them, I clean out the wax and use them to hold stuff around the house.

Next, I hit Safeway for baking soda to stick in the fridge to help keep it smelling good. Since it was such nice weather, I rode my power chair home and skipped the bus.

On my way home, I realized that I am now able to run errands independently like I used to! It made me smile.

I also had a small victory recently. I have had a butterfly pendant since college that I have been wanting to put on a magnetic clasp silver chain necklace. The problem was the pendant could not slide over the magnetic clasp. I use to make jewelry so I have a lot of jewelry making tools. Two hours later, the with two o rings and two different sizes of needle nose pliers, I was able to attach the pendant to the chain. Three years ago, this would not have been possible. I had terrible palsy that would have made steady hand work impossible.

Yes, it did take me two hours but I was very impressed with myself. I’ve learned to celebrate little victories. I have learned to always keep working and eventually, your hard work will pay off.



Comments

Popular Posts