Proud of how far I’ve come

 Next month, will be my 10th anniversary of my relapse. 10 years ago, my life was turned upside down. I woke up from a medically induced coma unable to move or speak. I had to relearn all daily tasks. I learned to use a wheelchair. Unfortunately, I lost my home and my beloved dog, Buster, when my ex husband requested a divorce. I moved from South Carolina to live with my parents in Colorado. My future became uncertain.

In the last few weeks, I’ve read to elementary students as Ms. Wheelchair Colorado 2023, participated as a vendor at the Boulder Creek Fest, delivered my first keynote speech at a fundraiser, was on live television and invited to a bill signing at Colorado’s Governor Mansion.

Wow. I definitely was not expecting that! So please, NEVER give up on yourself!

Comments

Popular Posts