Information on feeding tubes

 Everyone keeps asking why it’s taking so long to get a new tube. There are two types of feeding tubes, one with a balloon and one that is balloon less. Typically, a tube stays in place with a balloon that is inflated once the tube is in your stomach. Balloon tubes are more common and most ERs can get one easily.  Unfortunately, these balloons pop in my stomach and doctors don’t know why. Before I learned about balloon less tubes I went through 30 tubes in just 2 months! I have to special order a balloon less tube and it was on back order.

The most frustrating thing is that really only GI doctors are familiar with the balloon less tube. I would go to the ER and they never knew what to do. Now I’m prepared, I know what to do but I had to learn for myself.

I used to think doctors always knew how to help you. I don’t believe that anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts